Friday, February 23, 2007

Technique Fridays!

So I am heading up the Friday challenges on A Shade Of Blue. Today was the very first challenge! I chose to start the Friday challenges off with a little Rock & Roll! The Rock & Roll Technique that is! *grin* This technique is so very simple and gives such a great look to your card. Here is my sample card:Supplies:
Real Red Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Real Red Ink Pad
So Saffron Ink Pad
Best Blossoms Stamp Set (Stampin Up)
White Narrow Organdy Ribbon
Red Grosgrain Ribbon
Stampin Dimensionals


And this is how I created it:
1. I inked my Best Blossoms flower using So Saffron ink.
2. Then I pressed the edges of my stamp in a rolling motion in darker ink being careful not to ink the center of the stamp. (Steps, 1&2 are the Rock & Roll Tech.)
*Tip---When doing the R&R Tech. always use the lightest color of ink first to avoid getting the darker ink on your light ink pad. (In between each of my flowers I cleaned my stamp to avoid getting red ink on my so saffron pad. It's an extra step, but well worth it.)
3. Then I adhered my newly stamped floral piece to my Real Red Card Base. Then I added the ribbon at the top. I used both ribbons at the same time. I liked the look of this.
4. Then I stamped my sentiment from Best Blossoms using Basic Black ink onto Whisper White CS.
5. Then I matted my sentiment to Real Red CS.
6. Finally I attached stampin dimensionals to the bottom of the sentiment piece and attached it to the card. By using Dimensionals it gave the card a fun look.

And Viola! Finished! My very first Tech. Challenge! I hope the ladies on ASB like it!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Beautiful card Sharon!!! You nailed the technique on this!