Saturday, February 17, 2007

FS01

For this last weeks Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS. Kurtis (krabearkub) was the featured stamper. I decided to go way back in Kurtis's gallery and found this card and decided that would be the one I would CASE. I changed the colors and the stamp sets. I am really pleased with the way this turned out. Here is how it was made:

I took my Glossy White Cardstock and I stamped Thinking Of You from All Year Cheer (SU) using White Craft Ink. Then I sprinkled Winter White Embossing Powder on it and tapped off the excess. After that I heat embossed it using my heat tool. Then I chose my colors. I decided to make this card for my DH (Dear Husband) to send to him and so I decided to choose our wedding colors which were Green and Purple (duh! their my favorites, what other colors would I choose! lol) Then I decided to go with Always Artichoke for my green and Perfect Plum for my purple. So I took my Perfect Plum ink and I sponged it randomly (using a stampin' sponge) onto my Glossy White CS. Then where it was still white I sponged my Always Artichoke ink. When I was done I set it aside. Now for the image piece. I decided to use my Happy Harmony set that I got for the SU Sell-A-Bration promotion. So I used my Always Artichoke marker and inked up the bottom half of the flower stamp and then did the same to the top half of the flowers with my Perfect Plum marker. Then I stamped the image onto my Whisper White CS. (*tip-- if you are using markers to ink your image, you should give your inked image a huff before stamping it. This will remoisten the ink on the stamp and give a clearer, darker image.) Next I matted my image using my Perfect Plum CS and then matted that with Always Artichoke CS. I took some ribbon (non-SU, I got it almost a year ago from Taylor -tayloredexpressions- on SCS. I organized my ribbon drawer when I redid my stamp room and found it. Thank you again Taylor for the gorgeous ribbon!) and added it to my sponged glossy piece. Then I mounted that onto a Whisper White card base. Then I added my matted image and Viola! Done! Thanks Kurtis for the inspiration!

No comments: