Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Card in under 3 minutes!

So as you know I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator now. My mom asked me to send her a catalog. I didn't want to just send it alone so I decided to stamp a quick card to send with it. Boy was this a quick card. I inked up my new Paisley Background stamp with Craft White ink and I stamped it onto Basic Black Cardstock. To get a good impression, turn your stamp so that the wood is on your stamping surface, then ink it up and set your CS down on the stamp. Then cover with scratch paper, then press and smooth. This will allow you to get a good, even impression. The scratch paper will make it so you don't get excess ink on you. Then I attached my ribbon (non-SU ribbon from Hobby Lobby). I was going to use white or Black Grosgrain but it just needed something extra so I used the double stitched ribbon. Then I added the sentiment. Viola! It was done. It took probably about 3 minutes including cutting the CS and picking the ribbon.

(I'm sorry about the bad picture, I couldn't get a good picture to save my life!)

5 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Very cute...thanks for the quick card idea!

StampHappy said...

I like the Paisley on this, with the white on black, it's really pretty. I just read somewhere to do the same thing but use a brayer instead of your hand and it get's a nice even impression.

Jen said...

Beautiful card Sharon!!!!

Lisa said...

I really love the simplicity of the card. simple yet striking!

Robyn said...

I love your card Sharon!!

Robyn