Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Lots of stampin' goin' on!

I got to do some major stamping today! Wohoo!! I bought a Paper Crafts magazine the other day and can I just say, I love it! I have learned so much and gotten so many great ideas. Some of my stamping has been inspired by the PC magazine.


This was heavily inspired/partially CASED from the magazine. I changed a little of it but the main card is the same. First of all I inked my print pattern background stamp using certainly celery ink and stamped it onto my CC card base. Then I applied my grosgrain white ribbon to the card base. Then I stamped my whisper white CS with my french script background stamp using certainly celery ink (stamped off on scratch paper once before stamping CS). After that I took my flower from heartfelt thanks and inked it up with versa mark ink and stamped it onto my CS. Then I sprinkled my clear embossing powder onto the piece and after tapping off the excess powder I heat embossed it. Then after the newly embossed flowers were cooled down I used my sponge dauber to sponge on my certainly celery ink onto the entire WW CS. This made it so that where I had embossed stayed clear rather then take the CC color. Then I attached my stamped piece to some Barely Banana CS, then I took my word window punch and I punched out a piece of BB CS. Then I attached it to the top left corner, punched a small hole through it and added some more white grosgrain ribbon. After that I stamped the word thanks using CC ink from the Everyday Flexible Phrases set. Then I attached all this to my card. And viola! Finished! (The pieces I changed from the original piece in the magazine are, I added the white ribbon the base, I used different colors -I think-, I used different sets, added certainly celery ink to the entire piece of CS instead of just part of it, and I changed the position of the word window punch and sentiment.)


This card is heavily cased from the same magazine. First of I stamped the center of my flower in Yo Yo Yellow ink onto my CS. After that I stamped the petals from Build A Blossom. Here is how I did it (again, got this idea from PC magazine) I stamped my petal using Real Red ink and then kissed the petal to a sponge and then stamped it onto my CS. I then made a mask of two petals using a post-it note. This is how I got the layered petal look. After stamping all my petals in this manner I took the friend stamp from lexicon of love and using my Basic Black marker I inked just the word friend and stamped it onto my CS. Then I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges using a color that matches Yo Yo Yellow. Then I attached the whole piece to my real red base. And Viola! Finished! (I changed the technique that was used in the original card as well as the colors and stamps.)


I am in love with this card. I got the technique from, yup! You guessed it! Paper Crafts magazine (didn't I tell you I love that magazine! Yes, I am subscribing to it.) Anyhow, here is how I did this card. I used the petal from build a blossom and I inked it using Rose Red ink. Then I took the dots from Itty Bitty Backgrounds and I twisted it randomly on my petal. This gave the petal a rosey look. (I love this technique!) Then I cut out each petal leaving off the outline of the petal. I then attached each petal to my Whisper WhiteCS. After I had each petal exactly where I wanted it I took my clear button on threaded it with white Grosgrain ribbon, tied it in the middle and snipped the edges. Then I used a glue dot to apply my button to the center of the flower. After that I used my word window punch to punch a window on the bottom of my WW CS. Then I attached my WW CS to my Rose Red card base. Then I stamped happy and birthday from EPF in White craft ink, and Viola! Finished!


This card I made for my DH (darling husband) for Valentine's day. I need to get it in the mail to him so that hopefully he gets it before the 14th. And no, I didn't get this idea from PC magazine. HAHA! I actually got the inspiration for this from a card I saw on Stamper's Showcase (SU demo website). I don't recall who the artist was of the card I saw. Anyhow, here is what I did for this one. I first inked my Canvas BG stamp with Basic Black ink and stamped it to my Very Vanilla CS. I then used my crinkler to crinkle my Real Red CS. Then I stamped the Love stamp in RR ink and attached this piece to a Basic Black piece of CS. BTW, the ribbon, is not real. It is a stamp from TAC! I stamped it using my basic black ink on my Very Vanilla CS and cut it along the edges of where the stamp was so that it would look like real ribbon. Then I attached the "ribbon" to the the crinkled RR piece and attached that to the canvas stamped piece. Everything was attached to my BB card base. Then I attached my Love piece to finish off the card. I am thrilled with this card! I hope DH likes it!

4 comments:

Dave Richards said...

Hey those are some really cool stuff you've posted...and they look amazing too...it's a great way wish your loved one on Valentines Day...we for some more resources to wish your near and dear ones on Valentines Day just check out my blog sometime and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did get some stamping done! I love your cards. Lots of fun techniques in that mag... aren't you so glad I "made" you buy it??? *wink*

Just Nancy said...

I love that little LOVE card. I have that set, so I may have to make a few cards stealing your idea! Thanks so much!

Lisa said...

Wow, your mojo is a rockin'. I love all these cards. I think my fave is the green one at the top....but they are all fantastic!