Saturday, February 17, 2007

FS02

This weeks Featured stamper is notimetostamp (Sharon) on SCS. I found this card and decided it was the perfect one to CASE for the challenge. I chose my printed paper from the Friends & Flowers Hostess Simply Scrappin' kit from SU. I changed the card from a vertical card like the original to a horizontal card. This was actually by mistake. I cut my first piece of printed paper and cut it too big. So I figured rather then recutting it I would just make it a horizontal card. So anyhow, here is how this card was done:

First I adhered my printed paper onto my Chocolate Chip card base. Then I took one of the adhesive strips from the Simply Scrappin' kit and I adhered it to the center of my printed papers to tie them in together. I really liked pulling out the green in the stripped paper so I went with it. I chose Certainly Celery CS for my squared piece and adhered that. Then I chose my stamp set. I thought that the flowers from Best Blossoms were similar to the flowers in the printed paper so I went with that set. I then stamped the leaves from Best Blossoms in Certainly Celery ink onto the Whisper White square. Then I stamped the flowers in two different colors onto a seperate piece. I used Chocolate Chip ink and then I used Tempting Turqouise ink that I stamped off once onto scrap paper before stamping it onto my CS. Then I cut out the flowers using my paper snips from SU. If you don't have these, you need them. They are so great for cutting your images! I can't recommend them enough! Anyhow, then I adhered my leaves piece to the Certainly Celery piece that was already on the card. Then I used mini glue dots to attach the flowers, turning up some of the petals (gives a 3-D look) and layering them so that it looks like they are growing together off the leaves. Then the last step was to stamp the sentiment from It's Your Birthday which I did by using Black Staz-On. And Viola! Finished!

I changed a few things from the original card. I changed the direction from vertical to horizontal (like I already said) and then I changed the colors, the paper, and the stamp sets. I am really pleased with this card. Wasn't sure I was liking it as I was making it but now that it's done I'm happy with it! Thanks for the inspiration notimetostamp!

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Your card is wonderful...now I have to go visit the galleries!