Saturday, February 24, 2007

A Night of Stamping

So I did some major stamping last night! Here are my results:

Delightful Thanks Card
This first card I did was inspired and CASED from mytime on SCS.
Supplies:
Whisper White CS
Vellum
Bashful Blue Ink
Bashful Blue Marker
Brilliant Blue Marker
Basic Black Ink
Navy Organdy Ribbon
White Organdy Ribbon
Silver Cord
Delight In Life Stamp Set
All Year Cheer I Stamp Set

Here is what I did:
1. First I stamped the small flower from Delight In Life on the Vellum, and I set that aside to dry. Then I attached the Vellum to my Whisper White Card Base.
2. I took a square of Whisper White and Stamped the inside of the flower from Delight In Life in Bashful Blue, and then stamped the outside of the flower in Brilliant Blue.
3. Then I realized that the flower needed to pop so I did some DTP on the edge of the square. After that I attached this to the middle of the card on top of the vellum.
4. Then I decided that the card needed a sentiment so I lifted the vellum and stamped the Many Thanks stamp from All Year Cheer I to the bottom right hand corner using Basic Black Ink.
5. Then I needed to cover up the mono adhesive strips under the vellum so I added the ribbon and cording.

And Viola! Finished!
Piggy Card
I was inspired by a pink and black card that my friend Amanda (her blog is at the right) did with this pig from the Very Punny set. So I sat down and came up with this.
Supplies:
Cameo Coral Cardstock
Basic Black Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Cameo Coral Watercolor Wonder Crayon
Blender Pen
Basic Black Ink
Versamark Ink
Very Punny Stamp set (SU)
Canvas BG Stamp (SU)
Paper Piercing Tool

Here is what I did to make this card:
1. First I took my Canvas BG Stamp and I inked it up with Versamark. Then I laid my Cameo Coral Card Base halfway onto the stamp and pressed. This made it so only half the card had the BG stamp.
2. Then I took my Whisper White square and stamped the pig from the Very Punny set using Basic Black Ink.
3. Then I watercolored the pig using my blender pen and the Cameo Coral WWC. and matted the square with a basic black square.
4. Then I attached a long strip of Basic Black right along where the BG stamp stops. And then attached the pig.
5. It was missing something so I attached a small strip of Whisper White along the bottom of the black piece and then used my paper piercing tool to poke holes in the white strip.
And Viola! Finished! Not my best work, but definately not my worst either.
Froggy Card
While I had my Very Punny Set out I decided to make a card for my friend Jamie who has something really exciting happening this next week so I thought a cute Hoppy For You Card would be good.
Supplies:
Old Olive Cardstock
Not Quite Navy Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Very Punny Stamp Set (SU)
Aida Cloth BG Stamp
Basic Black Ink
Versamark Ink
Olive WWC
Blender Pen
Paper Piercing Tool
Dimensionals

Here is how I made it:
1. I inked up my Aida BG Stamp using Versamark and stamped only part of it onto my Old Olive Card Base.
2. I took my strip of Not Quite Navy and I distressed part of it using my finger nail and then curled that part of it up and attached it to the Cardbase right along the Aida Cloth line.
3. Then I used my Paper Piercing Tool to poke holes along the bottom.
4. Then I stamped my frog onto my Whisper White Square and used the Old Olive Crayon to color it using the blender pen.
5. Then I attached the frog to a Not Quite Navy layer and used dimensionals to add it to my card.
And Viola! Finished!
No Layers Card
This was inspired by JulieHRR from SCS who does gorgeous all white/no layered cards. Her's are way better then mine but it's not bad for one of my first attempts.
Supplies:
Whisper White CS
Basic Black Ink
Bashful Blue Marker
Brilliant Blue Marker
Mellow Moss Marker
Navy Organdy Ribbon
Silver Cord
Paper Piercing Tool
Happy Harmony Stamp Set (SU)
Here is how this was created:
1. I inked up my flowers from Happy Harmony using my markers (Mellow Moss on the stems, Bashful Blue for the center of the flowers, and Brilliant Blue for the edges of the flowers and the dots around it.) Then I stamped it onto my Whisper White Card base.
2. Then I stamped the sentiment using Basic Black ink in the right hand bottom corner.
3. Then I added the ribbon and cording.
4. The card was missing something so I again got out my paper piercing tool and used that too add the needed touch.
And Viola! Done in under 2 minutes!
My Honey's B-Day Card

My Husbands Birthday is coming up this next week so I sat down and made him a birthday card. His Favorite color is Red so that is why I chose this combo.
Supplies:
Red Red Cardstock
Basic Black Cardstock
Canvas BG Stamp (SU)
It's Your Birthday Stamp Set (SU)
Chipboard Heart
Paper Piercing Tool
Real Red Craft Ink
Basic Black Classic Ink
Dimensionals
Here is how this simple card was done:
1. I started out this card by turning my chipboard heart red. I did this by placing the heart directly on my Real Red Craft Ink and placing over that a paper towel to keep my hands from getting messy. Then you put pressure on it and check periodically till you get your desired coverage and color. Set aside when done to dry.
2. Then I inked up part of my Canvas BG Stamp with Basic Black ink and placed my Real Red Cardbase on it, but again only partially.
3. Then again in the same manner I distressed the piece in my Frog card I distressed and turned the Basic Black piece for this card and then attached it to card.
4. Then I added my Paper Piercing under the black piece.
5. Then I stamped the sentiment at the bottom using Basic Black ink.
6. Finally the heart was dry so I used Dimensionals to attach that.
And Viola! Finished!

What a night of stamping! (Well actually the B-Day card I did today but still *wink* )

2 comments:

Jen said...

These are all awesome Sharon!!! Really beautiful!

Dorinda said...

Sharon each of them is Fabulous! you captured so much in each one! Soft, beautiful, simple elegance!