Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Love for my honey


I was missing my husband tonight so I made him a card. I hope he likes it! First I stamped the AidaCloth BG stamp using Versamark onto my Bravo Burgundy CS. Then I took out my Real Red, Rose Romance, & Glorious Green Markers and colored the flowers from SAB Happy Harmony. I started by coloring the flowers in Rose Romance and then I went back over the edges with Real Red. Then I did the stems with Glorious Green and stamped it onto my Whisper White CS. (*don't forget to huff before you stamp it, it remoistens the ink when you use markers) Then I layered it with my striped vellum and added some stitched ribbon I got from one of my Hobby Lobby trips. Then I layered this onto Whisper White CS and layered all that onto my Bravo Burgundy piece with then got layered onto my Whisper White Card Base. Now that I was done layering I stood back (well sat back in my chair) and admired my work. But it was missing something (alright, either I am in a weird mood or Nej -a.k.a Jen- is rubbing off on me with her blog writting! LOL ) Then I realized it needed a sentiment. So I went to my stamp sets. I looked and looked. Finally I found it! The Peace~Joy~Love stamp from All Year Cheer! Yes, perfect! So I pulled out my Whisper White Craft ink and I VERY carefully inked only the Love part of the stamp and added that to my card. And Viola! Finished at last!

2 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautiful work!!

Bety

Lisa said...

So soft and pretty! Great card Sharon!